Monday, November 3, 2008

It's that time of year again.....


Tis the season to receive catalogs in the mail. Every trip to the mailbox ends with an armload of slick holiday catalogs. Each one claims to offer me something I need—immediately. “Don’t wait!” “Limited offer!” “Order now!”

The lure works. I open the pages to discover what I didn’t know I needed. Sure enough, I see things that suddenly seem essential, even though a few minutes earlier I didn’t know they existed. Manufacturers use catalog illustrations to create desire for their products.

In a way, Christians are God’s catalogs. We are His illustration to the world of what He has to offer. His work in our lives makes us a picture of qualities that people may not know they need or want until they see them at work in us.

(Well said, Julie Ackerman Link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

What does the world see in us that they can’t live without?

Let's not get caught up but remember the real meaning of the season and reach out to others.

This was from my devos yesterday morning. If you would like to read it in it's entirity, you can go to http://rbc.org/devotionals/our-daily-bread/2008/11/03/devotion.aspx

2 comments:

Jaimie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jaimie said...

I like the analogy...and, I'm pretty sure that none of us can live without this...

http://i281.photobucket.com/albums/kk223/carolyn3949/Fun%20Inventions/sickdevice.jpg