Friday, August 7, 2009

The season to speak and pray...


"To everything there is a season, A time for every purpose under heaven: A time to be born, And a time to die; A time to plant, And a time to pluck what is planted; A time to kill, And a time to heal; A time to break down, And a time to build up; A time to weep, And a time to laugh; A time to mourn, And a time to dance; A time to cast away stones, And a time to gather stones; A time to embrace, And a time to refrain from embracing; A time to gain, And a time to lose; A time to keep, And a time to throw away; A time to tear, And a time to sew; A time to keep silence, And a time to speak; A time to love, And a time to hate; A time of war, And a time of peace. What profit has the worker from that in which he labors? I have seen the God-given task with which the sons of men are to be occupied." (Ecclesiastes 3:1-10)

I found myself feeling guilty for using my blog, emails and Facebook to voice my concerns about what is going on with some major issues and the leadership in this country; and I have even had a couple people tell me that they don't want me to send them this 'cr*p'. I would gladly stand corrected if that turned out to be the case, but my gut tells me that this country, and most of it's people will find out after the damage has been done that our freedoms and everything else we hold dear has been stripped away.

Yes, I like to have fun, share witty comments, post pictures of my Grandchildren and all sorts of other things just like everyone else, but this is a season to stand up and fight, so for now, and as long as God lays these things on my heart, I will not apologize.

I've quoted him before, and I will here:

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

No comments: