Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Just a glance....

When I first saw this sign on my way to work, I got real excited for a second because I thought they were opening a "Better Health" store. I guess I was fooled by the colors. Funny how that first glance can give you the impression of something that is not even close to actuality! A glance is only a quick or brief glimpse, yet we sumise in our minds what we think is reality - for a moment. I think sometimes we look at God that way. We glance at Him once in a while and we think we know what He is all about. There is a song that goes: "Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face; and the things of earth will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace!" Until we surrender our lives to Him and allow Him to come live in us, we don't even have a clue what He looks like! Just sayin'!

No comments: